Monday, January 14, 2019

At-Home Spa Night

I just realized this is my first post of 2019, so Happy (belated) New Year!

Once again, I wanted to write more than is appropriate for an Instagram caption, so here are a few pictures and even more words about something my hubby did for me this past weekend:

After getting home from work, Bryant sent me out the door to grab a light supper and “start relaxing.”  For me, that meant CFA and a couple errands (including the grocery store, of course, because who would I be if I didn’t take a relaxing pre-snowstorm trip to Hy-Vee...?). 


Upon my return (and after helping me put away groceries), he surprised me with an at-home spa night!  In true Enneagram 5 fashion, he had done extensive research on massage, fancy snacks and drinks, face and hair masks, and pedicure techniques.  He did a ton of prep work and made it all such an authentic, relaxing, wonderful experience. I. felt. so. spoiled.  That man seriously thought of everything, including but not limited to, warm towels, fun magazines, and taking the rubber duck faucet protector off the bathtub faucet before my bubble bath.  
Crackers with fancy cheeses, chocolate-covered strawberries, bruschetta (one of my most favorite things), and fancy strawberry water ("Agua de Fresa").
Candles everywhere - so cozy and ambient!
The containers pictured between the sinks contained homemade, all-natural hair and face masks!
These are a few of my favorite things...
I was so impressed by his first-ever pedicure "performance!"
This was one of the most thoughtful, generous, thorough, kind acts of service I’ve experienced (or heard of, for that matter).  He planned it all so intentionally, and what made it even more meaningful to me was the frugal-ness and the effort to truly serve me.  He could've easily sent me away to spend hundreds of dollars at a salon/spa, but instead, he did an amazing DIY version, which meant we also got to spend some quality time together! 

I realize sharing it all may come across as a bit braggy, and honestly, I’m ok with that - my sweet husband deserves alllll the credit and bragging and gold stars.  I’m only sorry it took something like this for me to make such a big deal about him publicly.  There are so many everyday things he does that I appreciate, and in the spirit of bragging on him, I’ll share a few:
-daily preps breakfast for J and I
-turns on my electric blanket before bed
-maintains our vehicles 
-plans date nights 
-voluntarily helps prep and/or fully prepare meals
-takes care of J while I teach lessons, attend rehearsals, and/or just have a couple minutes to myself

In a nutshell, Bryant is wonderful and treats me better than I deserve. ♥

Relaxedly,
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
that fancy strawberry water - it was so good!
this beautiful snow that's still around
Jacob's excitement about the snow - it's so precious!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift! Very thoughtful, caring, and loving. *And, IMO, he treats you exactly as well as you deserve. :)

    ReplyDelete