Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's the little things in life.

So, before I tell you anything else, I have to tell you about something I saw today:
We were driving by a little house in a neighborhood and noticed a bunny (as in a big, furry black-and-white-spotted pet rabbit) tethered in the yard on a pink leash...with a water jug next to it, complete with one of those little spout things that rodents (and bunnies) use to drink from.  What?!?!  I'm only sorry I didn't stop to take a picture.

Anyway, this post is all about finding joy in the little things in life.  Here are a few things in which I've found joy in the past few days:

My weekend (and birthday week) started off with a FREE meal at Noodles and Co., thanks to my b-day coupon.  This was followed by a spontaneous birthday present trip to Paint Yourself Silly and Ivanna Cone, courtesy of my roomie!  We had a lovely time - I'll have photo evidence of the finished products, soon.

Saturday started with a trip to the farmer's market to get some cute little gourds complete our fall decorations:
May or may not have also purchased a cinnamon roll from Great Harvest Bread Co. (if you haven't tried one of these, you NEED to!).

A trip to Walgreen's resulted in the purchase of two clearance items - a stack of 1" square post-its (they're sooo cute!) and this lunch bag:
I'd been considering getting a new/bigger lunch box for awhile, and this was perfect...and only $5!
A good chunk of Saturday afternoon was spent outside enjoying the lovely weather...on blankets with music and magazines.  ☺

I also spent some time this weekend putting recipes I've printed off, received from others and/or written down on post-its or scrap paper in page protectors and in a notebook.  I probably enjoyed this task (way) more than the average girl - haha.  Now, for something for all the recipe/note cards...

Those of you on Facebook already know I was rudely awakened the other morning by footsteps and strange squawk/chirping noises on the roof.  I originally thought it was just one of the teenage turkeys we have running around here, but my aunt/neighbor provided this photo evidence that proved otherwise:
My room is under the roof toward the left of this photo.
You're probably wondering how/why I found joy in this - I just think it was (and is) so hilarious!  Wish you could've heard the noises they were making.
My Sunday also got of to a wonderful start - I got to play trumpet duets at church with one of my former NWU classmates (and my good friend)!  We played a couple selections from opposite sides of the balcony and a couple from the front of the church.  Those of you who know me well know how much I love to play in church...and how much I love duets!  I'm continually thankful for opportunities to share God's gift of music - especially with people I really like!

I hope you all are able to find joy in the little (and big) things in your lives!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." -Romans 15:13


Joyfully,
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
all the birthday coupons I've received, so far (12 and counting...one being for a free huge piece of chocolate layer cake from Granite City...got it to go after brunch today, and it looks so amazing!)
Charlie inviting himself to curl up in my lap for a bit just now
the color red

No comments:

Post a Comment