This won't be a very exciting post, but it might be a very helpful one for some of you!
I've been hearing from some of you readers that figuring out how to comment on my posts can be kind-of confusing, so I want to walk you through the process with the hope that I'll get more of your feedback (which I love)!!
If I were more technologically savvy, I'd have screen shots of the steps to help even more, but hope the following descriptions help at least a little bit:
- If you are viewing the post on it's own page (it's the only entry on the page), then the "Post a comment" area should be directly below it.
- If you are viewing the post on a page with other entries, you can make the "post a comment" area appear by clicking on the "# of comments" link to the left of all the little icons at the bottom of the post.
Once you've found the "Post a Comment" area, follow these directions:
1. Type whatever you'd like to say about the blog, or to me, in the white area.
2. In the drop-down menu next to "Comment as:" select one of the following:
- If you have a Google e-mail account, and you're signed in, it should show your user name with (Google) next to it.
- If you'd like me to know that it was you who left the comment, select "Name/URL." A screen will pop up, and you can enter your name in the designated box. You don't have to enter a URL to leave a comment - it's optional.
- If you don't want me to know it was you who commented, select "Anonymous."
4. Next, a word verification box will appear. (Be patient - depending on your Internet connection, this may take a little bit to load. If it doesn't appear, try clicking "Post Comment" again or refreshing your browser.) This is a security setting. I'm not going to explain how it works or why they have it (because I don't know). I just know it's a necessary hoop to jump through (and it probably prevents my blog from being commented on by spammers). You also have the option to edit your comment in this box.
5. Type the word/letters you see into the designated box.
6. Click the "Post Comment" button again.
7. Your comment should appear under my post with a notification from Google in a yellow-ish box saying "Your comment was published!" (Exclamation point added by me - it will really be a period similar to the one at the end of this sentence.)
I hope this is clear enough and helps! Let me know if you have any problems (via Facebook, e-mail, phone, my parents, etc.). Feel free to test your commenting skills on this or any previous posts!
Happy New Year (a few days early)!!
Looking forward to hearing from you,