Saturday, December 4, 2010

Adventure: Oil Change

Get excited!  I just got back from meeting my mom half-way to get my box of Christmas things (thanks, mom)!!  I'm thankful for her willingness to do that, and for my car being in working condition.  Had I not been planning on getting my oil changed this week, that may have not been the case...here's the story:

Usually, I get my oil changed at Jiffy Lube (unless I'm home to have Dad do it), but this time I had a coupon to get it changed and tires rotated at Midas.  So, I went in, they lifted the car up, and discovered the whole undercarriage covered in oil.  Uh-oh!!  Turns out, the hair-band sized piece of rubber that seals the adapter on the oil filter was severed (it had happened recently).  Though I couldn't have diagnosed the problem, I understood it, and gave them permission to fix it.  This meant, however, that I would be there for 2+ hours...with nothing to do.  SO, I called my coworker/former professor/fellow cat lover who hadn't gone into the office, yet.  She graciously agreed to pick me up, and gave me a ride back when we were done working!  (It's so nice to know there are people like her I can call on in times like this!)  I'd planned to pay a pretty penny for all the work, even with the coupon, but the total came to less than the original bill.  I guess I got the "helpless single girl" discount, too.

Someday, I hope to marry a mechanically-minded man (hello, alliteration), like my dad, who can buy the $8 part and replace it himself, so I don't have to pay labor fees the rest of my life.  : )


ALSO:  I have to share this quote from one of my piano students.  While he was playing, I covered his hands with a book so he'd keep his eyes on the music.  When the song was over, he said, “(sigh!) My fingers were getting tired of not getting looked at.”  (By the way, it took a lot for me to be able to type that grammatically incorrect sentence and leave it as is.)

Time to dig into the box of decorations!!  Pictures soon to follow...

Go Huskers!!
-Kensy

Favorites of the day:
Season 3 of "Friends" (keeping me company while I decorate)
Avatar in HD

No comments:

Post a Comment