Monday, November 15, 2010

Gooey Bars

I had a little bit of an epiphany about my passion for grocery shopping:

My family almost always ran errands on Sundays after church.  Our first stop was usually Sam’s Club, where we pretty much had a lunch of samples.  We had fun trying to make mom deter from her list – haha!  It was also a ritual to go through the Sunday ads and find coupons, etc.  These are such fond memories – perhaps I’m subconsciously trying to recreate them in my own grocery excursions.  : )

Ok – as promised, the recipe.  I think this was originally my grandma’s (on my dad’s side) recipe, but my mom makes them enough that I may end up attributing it to her.  Either way, they’re delish!  Even my cream-cheese-disliking brother likes them (and he even knows what’s in them!):

Gooey Bars

1 box yellow cake mix
½ c. butter
1 egg

Mix together and press into a greased 9x13 pan.

1 8-oz. package cream cheese
2 eggs
3 ½ c. powdered sugar

Blend together and spread over cake mixture.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


Hope you enjoy them if you try them - let me know!

Peace,
Kensy

P.S.  I’ve decided to wait on the detox thing.  I WILL do it, eventually, but after seeing the grocery list and my schedule for the week, I’m going to hold off till I have a little more flexibility (and money for all those healthy foods).

No comments:

Post a Comment