Thursday, April 16, 2015

KC Life

Howdy ho, neighbors!

Hope this finds you well and staying warm/cool/safe/wet/dry, as applicable, in this unpredictable spring weather.  ☺

As promised, I'd like to tell you about some of the things I've found to do here in the big KC, so far:

First and foremost, I'm learning what it means to be a wife.  I love that I have the time/energy/resources to be able to put my husband first and make the most of our time together.  We realize this time in our lives is precious - we can pretty much do whatever we want whenever we want without worrying about anyone but ourselves (and the 4-legged children, of course), and we're doing our best to not take it for granted.  There's so much I could share about this aspect of life, right now, but I won't bore you with the seemingly mundane details of our day-to-day.  Just know that I'm loving making use of my previously untapped Pinterest boards and helping make our house a home.

I'm also nannying for a precious family with two-year-old twin boys.  They've stolen my heart, and I've loved spending time with them and watching the boys grow.  We found each other via Care.com (sort-of like online dating for families looking for childcare), and I'm so thankful to have met and started to become part of their family.  They've welcomed both Bryant and I with open arms, and we're so grateful.

You're probably wondering about music students, yes?  I miss teaching at the studio very much (and miss my students and coworkers even more!).  I have found one student here, though, so I have a small outlet for this part of my life through her.  I travel to their house once a week to teach her lesson on their baby grand...I know - it's rough.  ;-)  Anyway, I'm constantly meeting new people and making new connections, so I'm sure I'll find more students, eventually.  I'm just not being super aggressive about it, at this point.  If you know anyone looking for a music teachers in the KC area, though, feel free to send them my way!

In addition to the aforementioned tasks and activities, I'm helping/planning/getting ready to be in two weddings this summer - my former coopmate's and my brother's.  Both include showers, helping with invitations, dress shopping, etc., etc...and I'm loving every minute of it!  After having just done it all ourselves, it's nice to be able to help others in more, new ways...and to reminisce about our own festivities. ☺

I'll leave it at that, for now.  Bring on the questions, and as usual, thanks for reading!

Loving life,
K

P.S. You'll be happy to know I found Tinsel Tom's long lost cousins!


Favorites of the day:
garden-fresh asparagus (thanks, Mom!)
time and opportunity to lend a helping hand
couples' activities

No comments:

Post a Comment