I woke up to this song, and was singing it all morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqh9sHTXcAI&feature=related What a great start to the day!
Today is a "Kensy day," as defined by one of my aunts who takes a day off for herself every once in awhile. I got back a little while ago from a walk/jog and yoga class, have the windows open and an "Autumn Apple" candle burning, laundry is being washed, and I'm sipping a smoothie...and Charlie is in my lap. Doesn't get much better than this. : ) Plans for the rest of the day include checking many items off my to-do list, having a phone date with my brother, making a Creamy Pesto Chicken pasta dish, and teaching some lessons this evening!
I have a few things to share from each of my jobs:
- When I was nannying the other day, the 2-yr.-old little girl's hair was crazy when she woke up from her nap. I told her we should fix it, and she asked specifically for a ponytail that was low so it wasn't too tight, in so many words.
- A student at the studio was telling me she'll probably have to get braces and "one of those container things that stretches your teeth." I said, "You mean a retainer?" "Oh...yeah."
- Duties to add to my "music librarian" job description:
- candy dish monitor
- fish tank light bulb changer
- keyboard fixer (this only goes as far as blowing large amounts of dust/cat hair/etc. out from in between the keys)
- At our Arts Inc. staff meeting this week, the birds were roaming the table (not unusual), and one was walking on a piece of paper that was hanging over the edge of the table. He didn't realize the table ended under the paper, and fell off in a flurry of feathers and growling/barking/squawking. Don't worry - he went unharmed and was back to trying to sip others' pop and coffee in no time.
- The student who asked why I wear my wedding ring on my toe gave me this last time I saw him:
In other news, since it's my birthday month, I've been signing up for and receiving a multitude of free stuff...mostly from restaurants. I'm not going to have to cook for myself all month! : )
Time for lunch! Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!