Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall for real

I think the flip-flops finally have to go into hibernation after the unexpected extended warm season.  Fall is officially here and so is the cooler weather.

In honor of fall, we have a new friend at the coop.  We found him on sale at a craft store.  Guess how much he was...?!  $2.49!!!!  Can't beat that!
His name is Vern.  You should come visit so he can welcome you!  : )
Fall has also brought some unwelcome guests into our home.  I think I've sucked 53,471 of these smelly little dead bodies up with the dust buster (or maybe it should be called the bug buster, in this case).  Anyone know of a way to prevent them from getting in (besides sprays, etc.)?


A couple student stories:

  • One of my 5-year-old students just moved into new books, so had one week of overlap when he had to carry both sets of books.  That week, he came in saying, "It's tired carrying 4 books!"
  • When I asked one of my first grade boy students what his favorite Christmas song is, he replied, "I think it's called 'Gloria'."  I proceeded to play an excerpt from Vivaldi's "Gloria," and he said, "Yep, that one."  Anyone know of a beginning piano arrangement of this?  haha
I hope your week is off to a great start and you have a good one!  

Warmly,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
all things pumpkin
my Halloween costume preparations
butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment