Friday, May 4, 2012

Results of being done

Oh no!  I just realized I never actually posted this!  Sooo sorry for an even bigger lapse between posts - this was supposed to be posted a couple weeks ago.  Oh well!


Hey, hey!


My free time at home the past couple of weeks has been consumed by filling out student evaluations...and now, I'm done!!  The process was much more drawn out this time around (because I was ahead of schedule, rather than unintentionally behind, like last year), and it was nice to be able to spend quality time evaluating, suggesting room for improvement, and praising each student in writing.


As a result of being done, I've had time to catch up on various videos I've been meaning to watch.  Here are some of them:


 In other news...
We went to Titanic in 3D...a few hours after I posted about hoping to do so.  It was everything we hoped for, and more! 
We had another photo shoot for the studio on Saturday.  What was supposed to be a few head shots and "ensemble" shots turned into this...(as well as shots of us as carolers in Charles Dickens-esque costumes - products of those to come soon, I hope).


Also, because I took one of the kiddos I nanny for to preschool the other day, he, his sister, and I had the following conversations:
(They're fascinated by my car (a red Honda Prelude).  Their parents drive big cars (an SUV and a truck), so they're not used to little 2-door ones, like mine.)
4-yr.-old boy as he was getting into the backseat of my car: Do you ever travel in here?
me: Yes, every day!
him: No, I mean far away...like Minnesota.  (They have relatives there and have taken road trips there often...it's our default destination when pretending to take a trip.)
me: Yes, I have.  Why do you ask?
him: I was just wondering if you could fit a suitcase in here.
me: Well, yes, I could, but I could also put it in the trunk.
him: Oh yeah!  Cool!


2-yr.-old girl as we're stopped at a red light: Whatcha waiting for?
me: I'm waiting for the light to turn green, so we can go.
her: Oh yeah.
...
her, at the next stoplight: Whatcha waiting for?
me: It's a red light.
her: Oh yeah...it matches your car!




I think that's all, for now.  Hope you enjoyed some or all of this post!


Have a great rest of the week!


-Kensy




Favorites of the day:
the movie "50/50"
having an unexpected day off (I was supposed to sub today till I heard otherwise late last night)
running errands

No comments:

Post a Comment