Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Huskers, family, friends, the lake...doesn't get much better!

Happy Tuesday!

I trust you all enjoyed the 3-day weekend, regardless of what you did during it... ☺

I had a really excellent weekend, all around, and thought I'd share a bit about it:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent some time at the office (Arts Inc.) on Friday evening after I got done teaching lessons.  I didn't get to everything I'd wanted to earlier in the day, so just decided to spend a few hours there for my own sanity.  The blow of such a lame Friday night was slightly lessened by the build-your-own Runza I picked up on the way.  ☺

Saturday went as follows:
Zumba...with my roommie!
movie and nail-painting with one of my favorite cousins
game-watch with friends, complete with pizza...and fruit pizza!
half-time and 3rd-quarter excursion to the new arena and surrounding area with my dad

The goodness continued on Sunday:
church
lunch with family and friends
POOL TIME!! with the girls
stamping (card-making) at my aunt and uncle's
yummmmy brown sugar pound cake (right, Mom?)
car-washing with Dad

Perhaps the highlight of the already-great weekend, though, was Monday:
A couple from the young adult Bible study I'm attending at church (it's called "Young Roads") invited us all to their family's lake house for the day!  25+ of us made the trip there Monday morning, and spent the near-perfect day together.  We had no agenda, BEAutiful weather, tons of good food, yard games, a sandy beach, plenty of sunshine, water floaties, a paddle-boat and kayaks, and a speed boat...with tubes, skis, etc.
If you know me well (or know me at all), you know I'm not very good at narrowing down favorite things.  That said, I think boating/tubing is probably in my Top 10 favorite things to do.  I don't know why, but I just really love it...and I got in on quite a bit of it yesterday!  It had been a year since I'd last been out in a boat, so that was definitely the highlight of the day (and weekend), for me.  Not to mention the blessing of such quality fellowship time - getting to know new people in the group and having great conversation with everyone in attendance. ☺

Quick student story for you:
I wore my hair in a ponytail to work the other day (not the first time).  My last student that day was a sweet kindergartner who has been known to cuddle my scarves, play with my necklaces, and tell me he likes my shirt.
When he walked into his lesson on the ponytail day, he asked, "Why'd you change your hair?"  I said, "I didn't - I'm just wearing it in a ponytail today."  He considered my answer for a couple seconds, then asked, "How does it feel?"  I told him it wasn't the first time I'd worn it like that, and it felt like it always does.  Then, he asked, "Does it feel like a hundred turkeys scratching your head?!"  No idea where that came from.  I told him that, now, it didn't feel like that...

That's all, for now.

Enjoy the short week!
-Kensy

Favorites of the day:
open-windows weather
pumpkin season!

No comments:

Post a Comment