Sunday, September 15, 2013

♪ I'm Feelin' Good ♫

Hey, all!

Hope this finds you well!

You know how I feel about fall, so I won't gush too much about the fact that our windows have been open all day, and I'm (comfortably) wearing fuzzy socks and a sweatshirt. ☺

Wanted to quickly share something pretty cool with you:
This past Friday (the 13th), a couple girlfriends and I attended the opening concert at the Pinnacle Bank Arena here in Lincoln. (If you haven't seen/heard about the arena, you should check it out.) We'd hoped to get in on a concert there at some point, and when we found Michael Bublé was the premier performer, there was no question we'd go to the first concert.

It was such an entertaining, fun, amazing show, and I'm so glad we were able to go.  Growing up playing in big bands, I was just as impressed with his band as I was with his vocals and stage presence.  I could go on and on, but for now, will let some pics from the night speak for themselves:
The lights were changing as I was taking this panoramic picture, hence the two-tone effect.  You get the idea, though.
The opening act was "Naturally 7" - a vocal play/a capella group of guys who were phenomenal!  Click here to check them out.
Yes, Michael made his way through the crowd to that second stage, too.
OMG - there he is!!

See those panels on the stage?  They were actually screens that were sometimes used a continuation of what was being shown on the big screen, and they moved individually (reminded me a bit of piano keys).  Michael even slid down one when he entered and was lifted into the air on one at the end of the concert.  Hard to explain, but very cool!

Heart-shaped confetti for "All You Need is Love" - one of my favorite parts!!  (Mostly because it genuinely surprised me - it's hard to do that.)

Such a breathtaking show, all around.
See that black Husker jersey...?  ☺
Perk of going to the VERY first concert at the arena!
My dad and I went to the arena to watch the first football game (if you're in Lincoln and they open it up for a game watch, again, I would definitely recommend going), and I was able to get a picture of some of the artwork there (without hundreds of people trying to do so at the same time):

Definitely a good experience and so, so worth the ticket price.

That's all I've got, for now.  Happy Monday (almost)!  

Cool-ly,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
birthday week!!
impromptu plans
Papa John's pizza (with coupons, of course)


No comments:

Post a Comment