Hope your 2015 is off to a great start - ours is!
I really can't wait to tell you all about life in KC! But...we should probably start at the beginning... So, as promised, I'd like to share a bit about
- lovely bachelorette party/sleepover hosted by my amazing personal attendant - complete with fuzzy socks, hot chocolate, and cozy blankets on a super cute Christmas-light-strung deck!
- seriously perfect weather (74 and sunny...at the end of October...in Nebraska...!!!)
- morning of pampering with some of my very favorite ladies
- the music - especially the a cappella verse of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" featuring the beautiful voices of our wedding party and guests
- dancing! - our DJ, Craig Estudillo, did a great job of making everyone feel at home on and off the dance floor.
- my dad's speech - I can't really articulate what his words (and singing) meant to me...but it was very heartfelt and meant a lot.
- the people - family and friends traveled from near and far to help us celebrate...we couldn't have asked for more!
- marrying the amazing man God so graciously picked out to be MY husband!
- getting to spend time with old and new family
- spending time with "the guys" the night before the wedding (Kensy, here - They were at the coop! ☺ )
- the wonderful ceremony my then-fiancée worked so hard to set up so she could become my wife
- the music - especially the a cappella verse of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" featuring the beautiful voices of our wedding party and guests (Kensy, again - He said, "You can copy that one." ☺ )
- getting to marry Kensy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (He asked for that many !'s ☺)
A special thanks to all who helped make it so meaningful, smooth, and wonderful! Would especially like to thank:
- Harris Academy of the Arts - These musicians happen to be friends and former coworkers of mine...or maybe it's the other way around... ☺ Anyway, they're ultra-talented and nice and experienced and we are STILL getting compliments on their lovely playing.
- My mother-in-law (owner of GreatStitch) who not only traveled hours to be there and helped to make sure everyone was happy and healthy, but who also made this beautiful ring bearer's pillow:
- Le Cupcake - I spent some time with the owner of this lovely shop during my student teaching (before she opened the store). We teachers always got to be her guinea pigs for all the test recipes and she even made cupcakes for my last day! What they put together for our wedding day was so beautiful...and delicious!
So many yummy flavors! "The Princess Bride" themed groom's cake!
- Allison Garrett Photography - Allison is my godparents' daughter and was the flower girl in my parents' wedding...and happens to be a professional photographer! She captured our day beautifully (check out the link to our pics - password is "berggren")! AND I had the privilege of being a musician in HER wedding a couple weeks ago! ☺ Here's a little taste of her work:
Kensy (& Bryant)