I trust this finds you well and excited for the year ahead.
You already know how I feel about resolutions, so this isn't a post about those. It is, however, a post about a new adventure I'm embarking on starting this year:
I'm officially a Pampered Chef consultant!
This is something I've been considering doing for years...literally...almost 20 years, probably. No joke. My mom hosted many a Pampered Chef party throughout my childhood, and I've grown up using the products as long as I've been active in the kitchen. So...I guess you could say it's in my blood...or something.
- I don't know how much I've written about this somewhat-little-known fact on here, but I could watch cooking shows all day. We didn't have cable/satellite growing up (still don't), so whatever was showing on PBS on Saturday mornings started this obsession. Late-night baby-sitting gigs fed it, because, so long as there was cable, there was the Food Network. Nowadays, Nexflix provides my fixes.
- I've always dreamed of having my own cooking show. When I was younger, I was in 4-H cooking class (led by my mom!) and put on live cooking demonstrations on a regular basis. Somehow, I discovered Rachael Ray and watched her shows every chance I could get! I've been told on numerous occasions I not only look like her, but also remind people of her in other ways, too - which I take as a very high compliment!
- There are days when I miss being in a classroom setting. I'm a trained teacher, and though I prefer one-on-one lessons, I still enjoy being in front of a class every once in a while. This setting seems like a great way to itch that scratch (probably I should find a different way to say that, huh?)...and also a great opportunity to utilize all my little bitty mise en place prep bowls even more!
- I love meeting new people and building relationships. There's probably a whole blog post here, but we'll just leave it at that. ☺
- The extra cash won't hurt, but that's not really the reason I'm doing this.
- I haven't done something truly new in a pretty long time...my brain is ready for a new form of exercise!
|Charlie is also excited...mostly about the packing materials that came in my new consultant kit box (he's excited about the box, too).|
Luckily, I already had a picture of me in a PC apron to use as the profile pic!
Can't wait to help host bridal showers like the one that was put on for me! ☺
Thank you, thank you.
Pampered Chef-ly (of course),