Thursday, March 17, 2011

Announcements, announcements, announcements!

Once again, if you're like me, you just sang the title of this post in your head.  I only ever knew the "announcements" part of that camp song, and I'm not even sure where I first heard it.  There's way more to it, though - check out this video.  Kinda strange, actually, but I'm still ok with the chorus.


Anyway, I'm here to reveal the reason I've been practicing French horn lately.  I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles to know...  : )  So...without further ado:
I'm going on tour with my alma mater's band!  Wohoo for college trips and hanging out with great friends again AND for playing in a large ensemble.  I miss it more than I realize, sometimes, and am so thankful to have been asked to come along on this trip!


I'll be partaking in a somewhat unusual event when I get back next week.  I'll tell you more about it afterward.  : )


In other news, my adult trumpet student came to his lesson tonight excited to tell me that he'd not only practiced what I asked him to, but he also learned "What A Wonderful World" on his own and wanted to play it for me!  I'm so proud of him!  


Ok - that's all I've got.  If anyone else wants to share their spring break plans, feel free to do so in a comment!


TTFN,
Kensy




Favorites of the day:
unexpected compliments
fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies
spring weather

No comments:

Post a Comment