Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Charlie's Latest Obsession...and other short stories

Hello, hello!  Hope your week is going well - mine is!

Just a few things to share:

First of all, I made this for supper tonight, and it was delicious!
The recipe can be found here.

Secondly, I have a quick story from subbing yesterday:
The jr.-high girl who asked me if I had a boyfriend last time I was there asked yesterday, "Has your knight in shining armor found you, yet?"  I laughed and said, "No, but it's ok."  She exclaimed, "What?!  No, it's not!  What's wrong with the guys you meet?  Seriously...(exasperated sigh)"  I have to say it boosted my self-esteem a bit (and put a smile on my face), even coming from a sweet seventh-grade girl.  : )

Additionally (thank you, 16 years of school, for teaching me how/when to use transitions), I have some Charlie-isms to share.  I feel like a crazy cat lady/helicopter parent, but I also know that many of you enjoy hearing about/seeing my little one.  Those of you who don't can just stop reading right now.  : ) 

As I was rearranging some craft supplies, Charlie decided one of my drawers should be dedicated to him.  I let him stay for a little bit, but in the end, I needed the drawer for other things. I promised him the next box that comes to the coop.

Here is a series of "playing in the sink" pictures.  It's still one of his favorite things to do.  I'm convinced he doesn't drink out of his designated water dish, so he can save his thirst for the faucet.



Finally, Charlie's latest obsession.  I don't know if I should really share this, but I'm going to, anyway:

So, the drain cover on our shower comes off pretty easily...as in, Charlie has discovered he can take it off all by himself.  He has also discovered the fascinating abyss of the drainpipe.  After he pulled out the human hair ball (not pictured), he is content to stick his paw down as far as he can and clean all the other gunk off the sides of the pipe.  I assume he's trying to help me out with the cleaning, but he hasn't quite figured out how to finish the job.  Instead, he leaves all the residue he finds on the floor of the shower.

This is how I found him...peering down the drain. 

See what I mean about the lack of follow-through?

Now that I've filled you in on one of the dirty little secrets of the coop (pun intended), feel free to share any of the gross/dusty/sticky/stinky discoveries at your house!  You all have hair balls and other gunk in your drains - you just don't have a curious kitty to bring them to the surface.  No judging allowed.  : )

As usual, thanks for reading!

TTFN - ta ta for now,
-Kensy



Favorites of the day:
having an evening at home
Lacey's cookies (find them at your nearest Trader Joe's - also a favorite)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. The shower drain residue...grosssss! But those pics of Charlie by the kitchen sink, so precious!

    ReplyDelete