Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gotcha!

You’re welcome for not pulling an April Fool’s Day joke on you, dear blog readers.  : )  Instead, I’d like to share with you the best April Fool’s prank I’ve ever participated in.  It went something like this:

Boyfriend procures very-real-looking ring.
Boyfriend proposes to girlfriend in front of a very-close-mutual-friend.  In his proposal, he acknowledges the fact that it’s April Fool’s Day, but makes it clear that he isn’t joking and just couldn’t wait any longer.
Girlfriend (who is in on the prank) reacts appropriately saying, after picking her jaw up off the ground and between skrieks, “Are you SERIOUS?!?!”
Boyfriend assures her he’s for real and pulls out very-real-looking ring.
Girlfriend goes into near-hysterics and is in tears…and says, “Yes!”
They embrace.
Girlfriend shows very-close-mutual-friend, who is standing in shock, the very-real-looking ring.
Girlfriend and boyfriend say in unison, “April Fool’s!!!”
Very-close-mutual-friend displays feelings of anger and defeat…and is also somewhat impressed.
Boyfriend and girlfriend give very-close-mutual-friend permission to use the “engagement” as an April Fool’s Day prank for others (i.e. she told other people the proposal happened and that it was real).
Very-close-mutual-friend promises revenge.

(I played the part of “girlfriend” in this sketch.)

Yesterday, I subbed in a middle school, so I was kind-of on edge all day – prepared for someone to pull something.  They were perfectly innocent, though, so I let my guard down when I left, because I was pretty sure the preschoolers I taught later in the evening wouldn’t try to pull anything.  I was caught off guard, however, when the aforementioned “very-close-mutual-friend” sent me an “I’m engaged!” text.  She got me – hook, line, and sinker.  I figured out what I’d fallen into within a couple minutes, but not before I left an “initial reaction” voicemail that will probably be re-played more than I care to know.  She definitely got her sweet revenge.  : )

That's all for now.  I'm off to play player piano rolls with my dad!  : )

Thanks for reading,
Kensy

P.S.  Have a great April Fool's (or otherwise) prank story to share?  If so, the comment section awaits your contribution! 


Favorites of the day:
Panda Express Orange Chicken
being home with the family and other loved ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment