Saturday, April 9, 2011

I clicked my heels three times, and...

Hello, all!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!  It's soooo beautiful here!  Don't worry - I've been out to enjoy it.  Charlie and I just came in from a "walk."  Then, we played fetch.  Now, this is what he's doing:
Also, thought I'd share this picture from last night:


Anyway, I want to tell you about my weekend last weekend:
I went back home to hang out with my parents and brother (and BFF) for a little bit, then went to visit some relatives near Kansas City.  Being at home was great!  Went to my brother's favorite thrift store, played the newly refurbished (don't know if that's the right word...seems like an understatement) player piano (thanks, Dad!), and just hung out.  I also got to meet this little guy:


I'd really like to share more about my time spent with some great relatives near KC!  Here are some of the things we did:

  • cooked Thai food (links to recipes similar to the ones we used: shrimp spring rolls, thai salad with cucumber and jicama, and chicken pad thai)  Jicama is on sale at HyVee right now, btw.
  • chatted...a lot  : )
  • visited various ethic markets and specialty cooking shops (including The Tasteful Olive - who knew sampling various olive oils and balsamic vinegars could be so fun/delicious/intriguing!  I was gifted a sampler pack and am so excited to put them to use!)
  • cooked Ethiopian food - a first for me...and it was sooooo yummy!  (links to recipes similar to the ones we used: doro wat and atakilt wat - both served with injera from The Blue Nile Cafe)
  • ate at Chick-fil-a (per my request - yummmm)
  • took a yoga class (may have inspired me to join a gym...)
  • went to The Chocolate Store - yep, it's as perfect as you think...they have samples!

Those are the highlights.  It was also nice to just hang out and spend quality time together!  Also - I borrowed something to maximize my time in the car from another awesome relative: Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University CD series.  Most of what I've listened to so far is just affirming things I already know/do, but it's very enjoyable to listen to!  I've found myself laughing out loud on numerous occasions.  I'd recommend it, even if you don't think you need "financial peace"...or already have it.  :-)


I'll leave it at that.  Thanks for reading!


Until next time,
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
sunshine and warm weather
trees budding and flowers blooming!
Nutella
music

1 comment:

  1. Sooo wonderful having you here, K! You'll have to click your heels more often. . . :)

    Peace,
    Auntie C

    ReplyDelete