Friday, May 13, 2011

Amendments, update, reflection, and congrats! : )

Amendments to a couple previous posts:
-The “best April Fool’s prank I’ve been a part of” didn’t happen this year.
-Add the following to my list of tasks at Arts Incorporated:
  • counting large amounts of cash
  • mixing various types of candy to put in the candy dish
  • visiting area middle and high schools to speak about various performing and volunteering opportunities 


In other news, I’m loving my YMCA membership!  I’ve made use the treadmills, ellipticals (or “lip pickles,” if you’re using talk-to-text), weight machines, pool, and have taken a variety of yoga-ish classes.  The Lincoln Y has four locations, three of which are very conveniently near my many job sites, and I can use all of them!  I have one thing left to do on my new member punch card, and then I get a free t-shirt!  : )  Speaking of working out, I saw a great quote on a friend’s Facebook: “I’m not sweating.  My fat cells are just crying.”

And now for a little reflection: Nearly one year ago, I graduated from college.  I can’t believe I’ve been in “the real real world” for a year – where did the time go?!  I know it all sounds very cliché, but I truly thought things would slow down after college.  As it turns out, the passing of time only accelerated, and I hear it doesn’t slow down from here on out.  So…guess I can’t say I haven’t been warned.  I've loved what life after college has held for me thus far, and am so excited to see what the future holds - bring it on!  : )

That’s all for now.  Hope you all survived the crazy hail/rain/lightning storm! 

Enjoy the weekend,
Kensy

P.S.  Congrats to all you graduates!  : )

Favorites of the day:
rhubarb from my grandma (I made her famous Rhubarb Sauce last night…let me know if you’d like some!)
wearing skirts
the library

No comments:

Post a Comment