Thursday, July 7, 2011

"I go back..."

Hi there!


First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack of meaningful posts lately.  This summer is really flying by...I actually feel busier now than a few months ago.  They're all good things, though, so I'm not too bothered - just makes me appreciate the downtime even more.  : )


Secondly, I'd like to write a bit about my trip home last weekend.  It was so wonderful to hitch a ride with some great family to see more great family!  I was able to relax and spend quality time with my immediate family, which doesn't happen often anymore, so I was thankful for the opportunity to do so.  We played the player piano my dad just finished rebuilding, went to the farmers' market, stopped to chat with my high school band director, went swimming at a local pool/water park, and celebrated my brother's b-day with a delicious meal and homemade ice cream (thanks Mom!)!


While I was home, I looked through my high school yearbooks...and was overcome with such a strange feeling!  Not only was it hard to remember some of the people I went to school with, but it's difficult to put myself back in that place in life.  Don't get me wrong - they were great peers (for the most part), and it was a wonderful high school experience; I just have a hard time remembering the day-to-day things amidst the easier-to-remember highlights.  This led me to reminisce about jr. high (a not-quite-as-wonderful time), and elementary school.  We read a book I wrote in the first grade, "Kensy's Book Full of Wonders."  In it, I wrote about my family, my pets, what I wanted to be when I grew up (model, ice skater, singer, or teacher), and wrote a story about a horse saving a cat.  This is part of the picture I drew on the cover:






I may not have become a model, ice skater, or singer, but I guess I always knew I'd be a cat-walker.  ; ) haha


My brother and I also had a chance to reminisce about our elementary school gifted classes.  That's a whole other blog post, though...


I'm going to leave it at that, for now.  More later!


Happy Friday and have a great weekend!


Nostalgically,
Kensy




Favorites of the day:
having great neighbors : )
crossing things off my to-do lists (at work and at home)
days off and friends with pools at their apartment complexes
family vacations including best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment