Thursday, July 21, 2011

Majestic is an understatement

Holy cow - who knew summer could be so crazy busy?!  I shouldn't complain, because I love everything I'm doing...it's just made for such an unpredictable and hectic schedule.


I'm going to take this opportunity to apologize one last time for the lapses of time that keep wedging themselves between my posts.  I've accepted the fact that this is the norm, now, so anything more frequent will just be a happy bonus.  : )


This post is dedicated to my recent vacation to Estes Park, CO with family and friends.  My church in Topeka reserves a block of rooms at the YMCA camp every three years, and we always went on the trip when I was growing up.  We didn't go the last time the group went, but were able to take the opportunity this time, AND my aunt, uncle, and cousins were able to join us, as well as my best friend from home and her parents!!!  Not only am I thankful for the ability to take the time off and spend it in the beautiful (and cool!) Colorado, but I'm also so thankful for the quality time we were all able to spend together.


Highlights of the trip:
-hiking (2 days and 12-ish miles worth)
-whitewater rafting!!!
-hours and hours of cards and games
-strolling through downtown Estes
-visiting a former music/piano teacher!
-the mid-70 degree weather  : )
-"catching up"


Here are a few captured moments:
Very cool tree root system.
A fork in the road - oh no!
Emerald Lake
Bear Lake
Bear Lake
The water was maybe 40 degrees...
...but the sunshine helped it to feel refreshing, most of the time.
Alberta Falls
Probably my favorite hiking destination.
You can't see the amount of snow in this picture, but that tree I'm standing next to is actually the top of a very tall tree coming out of the snowbank. 
Loch Vale
Of course, no post is complete without a Charlie-ism.  Once again, I'd like to express my gratitude to those who helped care for him while I was gone (esp. my wonderful neighbors)!!  After greeting me, telling me all about his week, and being super clingy, this was his "help Kensy check her e-mail" stance:
We all know music bags make the best pillows, right?


I hope you all are able to get in some R&R before the fall comes...even if it's just an afternoon by the pool (or in the A/C) with a good book!  


As usual, thank YOU for reading!  : )  Would love to hear from you, if you get a chance!


Fondly,
Kensy


P.S.  Happy Birthday, Dad! 


Favorites of the day:
PB & banana shakes
working for and with people I like 
the fact that I'm going to CO again in the very near future...and for a very great reason : )

1 comment:

  1. Kensy,

    I'm glad to see you are doing well! I like your blog, and the fact that you are honest about lapses in posting...I can commiserate on that point! Keep up the good work!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete