Monday, August 8, 2011

Beautiful Life

Hi there!  Hope this finds you well, staying cool, and enjoying what's left of summertime.  As promised, I'd like to share about the weekend before last, last week, and this past weekend.


One of my cousins on my dad's side got married in Denver at the end of July, and I had the privilege of playing piano for the ceremony!  It was an absolutely beautiful wedding for an even more beautiful couple!  The ceremony was in the morning and outdoors on the patio of a country club in the mountains.  The weather was gorgeous, and everything went off without a hitch!  I feel so blessed to know and be related to such an amazing couple.  They are so very much in love, and their love is Christ-centered, as was reflected in the wedding ceremony.  I'm so excited to see where God takes them in their new life together!  (I'm also excited to have a girl cousin around!)  Here are some pictures of the festivities:
Saw this guy driving across western Kansas.  Sure do wonder where he was headed...
Don't worry - this is not how I slept.
The rehearsal dinner was at one of their favorite local restaurants (that doesn't usually do large group events...but they made an exception for a couple of their favorite customers)!
They had these cool seats by the pool at the hotel.
Didn't sleep like this, either.
Wedding musicians!
Remember my post about growing up with boys?  These are some of them.  : )
: )
Told you it was beautiful!
Delicious cupcakes!
The bride and groom!
They choreographed their first dance - so cute!
Saw these rain showers across western Kansas on the way home.  We never got a sprinkle.
I had to book it back to Lincoln, because our "term" at the studio where I teach lessons began on August 1st.  So, last week was a little crazy, because I have 30+ students this year - many of which are new, but coming from previous teachers.  These first few weeks are going to be spent getting to know how each other work, and for me, getting used to the new schedule.  Yes, I'm still working my other jobs, which is proving to be a little stressful while I still have extra, time-sensitive librarian responsibilities due to the summer municipal band concerts, but it's all under control.  : )  Needless to say, though, I was ready for the weekend, because...

...this past weekend was the first I'd had at home with little to no obligations for a very long time, and it was glorious!  My new roomie was around all weekend, too, so we had a very productive couple of days!  

In no particular order, here are some of the things we accomplished:
-made a batch of pesto (after picking nearly 4 cups of basil and getting a food processor)
-trip to the farmers' market
-found a new pot for my plant and re-potted it
-helped a friend pick out decorations for his new house
-lots of loads of laundry
-watched two movies
-organized pictures and old receipts/financial things while watching the movies
-made frozen strawberry lemonade (instead of buying it from McDonald's after seeing the billboard)
-she spent a lot of time unpacking and moving in  
-trip to Sam's Club for the no-membership-required shopping weekend...and sample day : )

Like I said - these are some of the things we checked off our to-do lists.  We did lots of other little things...and definitely slept well afterward!

THEN, Sunday afternoon was spent with college friends from out-of-town.  We had a Mary Kay facial party, then went to the Municipal Band concert with a picnic supper.  It was so great!

That pretty much sums it up.  This week is the same song, second verse...except with more trips to the Y, because I kinda fell off the work-out boat...  :-/

I'll leave you with the question I've been asking my students, "What's the most exciting thing you've done this summer?"  Comment away!

Productively,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
my young adult Bible study group
technology allowing for long chats with loved ones
Rainier cherries




No comments:

Post a Comment