Saturday, August 18, 2012

My life this month = (synonyms for "good")

Ok...are you ready?  I have a lot of little things to share:

First of all, we just finished deep-cleaning the coop, and Charlie is bathing himself, because he just came inside from a climb in the tree...in the rain.  (Yep - RAIN!!!)  He was in the tree for probably 20 mins., then found his way down and started grazing in the lawn in the rain.  Needless to say, we have a wet kitty on our hands, but I'll bet he'll be content to stay inside the rest of the day (we let him out on purpose, so he wouldn't try so hard to help us clean)!

I don't want to echo the rest of the world, but can I just say that I LOVE this weather?!  Seriously.

I've been talking to various people quite a bit lately about my "single season," and how I've really come to appreciate the opportunities it allows for me to serve and spend quality time with others.  A friend shared an article, recently, that echos some of my own thoughts: click here to read it!

This is unrelated, but I also recently watched this very inspiring and awesome video about a mute girl finding her voice: click here to watch it, too!

The weekend before last I made a trip to Kansas to visit my brother and celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday.  Highlights from that trip included:
-forgetting my dress for a wedding we went to, but finding one to wear (that I like!) for $10!
-a motorcycle ride
-being reminded to be patient and not take matters into my own hands
-a mini-hike to a river/sand bar and sitting in the water, letting the current go around us (at nighttime)
-piano/guitar worship/jam sessions
-seeing extended family and friends!
-hearing Grandpa's thoughts on life and our purpose in a spontaneous sermon-esque birthday speech (he's a retired Lutheran minister)
-quality bro-time

At the end of last week, I traveled with two of the new teachers at the studio to the Denver area for some Children's Music Academy (the class I teach for preschoolers and their parents) training.  It was such a great trip, and I could talk lots about it, but here are some highlights:
-catching up with a good friend from NWU over a reindeer hot dog (he had an elk one)
-quality time road-tripping with the girls...complete with Mad Libs, snacks, music, and getting-to-know-you convos
-meeting some truly amazing people (esp. the couple we stayed with - the woman who wrote the curriculum and her husband, who now co-owns and helps run the company)
-having supper and spending quality time with my cousins
-lots of great conversation - professional and otherwise
-being reminded that my mission field is my work place(s)
-beautiful weather and seeing the mountains!!
-sleeping in this super comfy bed:

We started our fall semester at the studio on August 1st (one of the reasons you haven't heard from me in a month), and we're off to a great start!  I have a couple brand new students and some who are new to me.  I always love getting to know each of them, so I give them a survey to fill out about themselves.  One of the 2nd graders brought his back with an answer that completely melted my heart:
He was completely serious - doesn't know the concept of "brown-nosing."

I'm going to an awesome progressive musical-type event tonight.  I don't really think there's any way to describe it, and there isn't anything to compare it to, but it sounds pretty sweet, so you should check it out and come, too!  Hopefully, clicking here will take you to the Facebook page.

I think that covers it all!  Thanks for reading, as usual!

I hope this finds you and yours well and you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessedly,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
OPEN WINDOWS!!!
friends
fresh produce and pesto (My adult student has been bringing me lots of goodies from her garden, including a TON of basil!)

No comments:

Post a Comment