I feel obligated to mention the unusually warm weather...I wore a skirt today (granted, it was with tights, but still...)!
Earlier this week, my really great brother came to visit for a couple days! (He's still on winter break - KSU doesn't start classes till this coming Tuesday!)
|(A picture from Christmas as reference for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.)|
- co-leading my Monday night Bible study with me
- taking the kiddos I nanny for to the Children's Museum and reliving our childhood memories of that place
- watching our cousins' basketball game/dance team performance
- visiting new friends at the UNL FarmHouse
- playing piano/trumpet together at the studio
- visiting the animals (and people) at Arts Inc.
- lots of quality talking time and shared meals
- After a semi-tough lesson (for a student who is used to everything coming very easy the first time), complete with a little frustration (on his part), I asked one of my second grade boy students if he had any questions or comments. He responded, "Yes, one comment: you are a very good teacher."
On an unrelated note, did I ever write about the Ugly Christmas Sweater party I went to? I don't think I did... You should know, though, that I won second place! (Second only to a man dressed as Ron Burgundy - hardly festive.) Here's the best pic I have of the award-winning garment:
|I found it somewhat accidentally at Goodwill for $5!! |
It showcases some impressive bead work, shiny threads mixed into some strands of yarn, fuzzy Angora "snow," and beautiful artwork on the back, too.