Friday, January 18, 2013

There's really no universal title for this post...sorry!

Hey there!

I feel obligated to mention the unusually warm weather...I wore a skirt today (granted, it was with tights, but still...)!

Earlier this week, my really great brother came to visit for a couple days!  (He's still on winter break - KSU doesn't start classes till this coming Tuesday!)
(A picture from Christmas as reference for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.)
Festivities during his stay included, but were not limited to:

  • co-leading my Monday night Bible study with me
  • taking the kiddos I nanny for to the Children's Museum and reliving our childhood memories of that place
  • watching our cousins' basketball game/dance team performance
  • visiting new friends at the UNL FarmHouse
  • playing piano/trumpet together at the studio
  • visiting the animals (and people) at Arts Inc.
  • lots of quality talking time and shared meals
I was so thankful for the time he took to come up and see for himself what my life in Lincoln entails!  I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I'm even more thankful for our relationship/friendship.  ☺

Those of you on Facebook may have seen my status about the following student comments, but I think they're worth sharing here, too:
- A kindergarten boy (who just started lessons a month ago) came in with super exciting news: "My dad started piano lessons on Saturday, and guess who his teacher is!?!?!" I, of course, asked, "Who?!?!" He replied, "ME!!!"
- After a semi-tough lesson (for a student who is used to everything coming very easy the first time), complete with a little frustration (on his part), I asked one of my second grade boy students if he had any questions or comments.  He responded, "Yes, one comment: you are a very good teacher."

On an unrelated note, did I ever write about the Ugly Christmas Sweater party I went to?  I don't think I did...  You should know, though, that I won second place!  (Second only to a man dressed as Ron Burgundy - hardly festive.)  Here's the best pic I have of the award-winning garment:
I found it somewhat accidentally at Goodwill for $5!!
It showcases some impressive bead work, shiny threads mixed into some strands of yarn, fuzzy Angora "snow," and beautiful artwork on the back, too.
Enjoy the weekend, dear friends!  Thanks for reading!  ☺

Until next time,
Kensy

P.S. If you're anything like some people I've come in contact with, lately, you might be wondering about my glasses.  No, they're not new - I've had them for over 5 years.  No, I don't wear them all the time.  It seems that their appearances are increasingly becoming as frequent as "contact days," though.  For this, I have no explanation. 

Favorites of the day:
1/2 price Christmas piano music
stamping weekend!
Scramble with Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment