Sunday, February 10, 2013

Somewhat overdue update

Happy February! Hope it's off to a great start for each of you!

Those of you who see me on a regular basis may be wondering why I didn't wrote a post about all the experiences life had in store for me last week. I'll admit I had a large portion of a post written and ready to go, but I decided to not throw a pity party for myself and/or give you all more details than you needed/cared to know. In short, I was in and out of the mechanic's shop 4 of the 5 weekdays last week. Thank goodness for AAA, capable mechanics, helpful friends, and a flexible work schedule.

In other news, I have a few kiddo stories to share! Enjoy:

One of my little girl students asked at the end of her lesson the other day, "How many pictures of pianos do you have at your house?" I considered the question for a second before asking why she was asking. She said, "I just wondered how much you really love piano." Apparently, my home decor is directly related to my love of the instruments I play.

I was playing dollhouse with the 3-yr.-old I nanny for, and we were setting up the baby's room. While I was looking closely at the little changing table, the following conversation ensued:
Her: Whatcha looking at?
Me: I'm trying to figure out what these little things painted on here are...I think they're two safety pins - you know, for the diapers.
Her (without missing a beat): No - those are the buttons to not let babies fall off when we are wiping them.

She proceeded to demonstrate by putting a baby on the table, "pressing" the "buttons," and said, "See - he's not falling off, now!"

After playing a song about whales jumping out of the water, one of my little 4-yr.-old boy students said, "God can fly." I said, "Yeah, I think He can probably do anything He wants." He replied, "You can't see God...but people still believe in Him...but why is He there?" "Probably because He loves us so much and wants to be around us...don't you think?" I said. He thought about that for a second before saying, "Yeah, and He still loves us even when we do bad things." I just smiled and said, "He sure does!" before sending him out the door.

A couple other exciting things...

I received my official Nebraska driver's license the other day! I know, I know...I should have probably gotten one over 2 years ago. My Kansas one didn't expire till this year, though, so I just didn't think I needed to spend the $26 till I absolutely had to! ☺ I didn't anticipate it being a big deal, but it hit me a little harder than I expected.

Also...I was recently approved for a home loan! This may come as a little bit of a shock to some of you...? I don't think I've written about it here, before, but home ownership has been something I've been mulling over for a couple years, now. I haven't actually looked at homes, yet - I've always said I wouldn't do so till I knew whether or not it was even realistic for me to be considering it. So, I just decided to "talk money" with someone and figure out what might be feasible this past week. That all made the potential search more real, though, and a little more scary. I'm still not sure whether or not this is something I'm super serious about, and it's definitely not something I'll be doing in the very near future, but I am going to put myself on the real estate radar and see if a super-awesome-perfect deal/home falls into my lap...someday. More updates to come on this, I'm sure.

How's that all for a life update? Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns - I'd love to get your input on any and all of it! ☺

Lovingly (yes, in honor of Valentine's Day - have a good one, btw!),
Kensy

P.S. Thank you for the 9,500 views! Guess I need to start gearing up for a 10,000 celebration...?


Favorites of the day:
performing on Trumpetfest today!
family time
b-day celebrations and festivities

No comments:

Post a Comment