Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Reason(s) to celebrate in February

Can't believe we're already halfway through month #2 of 2016 - wow.  As my husband says, "Time's fun when you're having flies."  ; )

You may have guesses about what the subject of this post might be - we'll see if you guessed correctly.  Here's what your train of logic might have looked like:

This post is about February.
February is host month to Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day is about love.
Therefore, this post is about love.

If so, you'd be partially correct.

What you may not have known, however, is that February is also Bryant's birth month (which means even more chocolate and goodies and celebration at our house).

So, with your blessing, I'd like to tell you about the wonderful man I married and some of the reasons why I love him so much.

(If you've blessed this post, read on; if not, this is where you can stop reading.)

As we draw closer to the halfway mark in our second year of marriage, we'll be the first to tell you that marriage is an adventure, a learning process, a growing process, and a beautiful mess.  Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it is unbelievable, sometimes it heals, and sometimes it is so, so joyful.  It isn't always easy, but gosh, it sure can be fun and amazing and wonderful.

It's really difficult to explain how marriage can be all those things at once, so I'm not going to try.  What I would like to try to explain, however, is how my husband makes our marriage and life together better with each passing moment.  

(Which means I'm going to write a list, because that's how I get through life: lists.  haha.  But seriously - can I get an "Amen!" for Post-its?)

In no particular order (except for the first one):
  • He is a God-fearing man who regularly shows me a picture of Christ's love for His church.  He encourages me to seek the Lord first and dig deep into His Word.  He prays with me and for me and leads our family to follow Jesus in all we do.
  • He loves me unconditionally and makes sure I know it.
  • He is so smart!
  • He isn't afraid to kiss me in public.
  • He is funny.
  • He asks about and is genuinely interested in the happenings of my days - no matter how big or small.
  • He is kind and thoughtful.
  • He plays with Charlie (the cat).
  • He leave me notes.
  • He remembers things I don't and doesn't blame me for forgetting.
  • He makes me surprise breakfasts (and other meals).
  • He can fix anything!
  • He is always willing and wanting to help, not only me, but also those around us - strangers included.
  • He encourages and supports me in all I do.

I could go on and on.  I am so thankful for the man I married and get to spend my life with.  Praise the Lord for bringing us together!

Please join me in celebrating him today/this week/this month - he deserves it so much!

Continuously falling for Bryant,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
my husband!
birthday coupons/deals/etc.
quality time











No comments:

Post a Comment