Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness." - John Dewey

I recently received a request to write about my many "talents," and today is your lucky day, dear requester!  : )


In no particular order, here are some areas in which I feel like I'm pretty proficient and to whom/what I attribute these skills listed in (parenthesis):
  • playing the piano (my family and private piano teachers)
  • playing the trumpet (private lessons instructors and awesome band teachers)
  • being patient with others
  • dancing - sometimes (various friends and "Just Dance" for the Wii - haha)
  • teaching music (lots of people, teachers, and professors...and students)
  • being organized (my parents)
  • cake-decorating (4-H)
  • following a recipe (Mom...and her 4-H cooking class)
  • baking (Mom, again)
  • eating nutritiously (guess who! haha)
  • swimming (various swimming lessons instructors)
  • making lists (Mom and one of my bosses)
  • braiding hair (one of my aunts and lots of friends letting me practice)
  • problem-solving (Dad, my brother, and gifted class teachers)
  • caring for children (Mom and the countless families for whom I've baby-sat)
  • proof-reading (Dad and various English teachers)
  • stamping - as in rubber stamping...making cards, etc. (Mom)
  • listening
  • painting nails (friends asking me to do theirs)
  • time-management (high school, my parents, college, and my current calendar)
  • conflict-resolution (my parents)
  • latch-hooking (I'm good at finishing these because of my Dad :-) haha)
  • bargain shopping (Mom)
  • being optimistic
  • playing cards and games (my family and my BFFAE)


Of course, I attribute all that I can do, all that I have, and all that I am to the Lord (Colossians 3:23-24, James 1:17, and Romans 12:6-8).

If you have any additions to the list, I'd love to hear them...I think - haha.  Maybe I'll write about things I'm not good at in a later post...though that would be a much longer list.


I'd like to ask that you keep all those affected by the LPS District Office fire in your prayers.  There are some big decisions to be made in the very near future.


Have a wonderful Wednesday!!


Skillfully (haha),
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
my guard cat (he's hunted down quite a few bugs in the recent past and was growling at the coyotes howling outside last night)
Karen Kingsbury novels

3 comments:

  1. You know what you just did? You advertised the things you're good at so now everyone is going to ask you to do those things!! Next time somebody needs a braid, or a conflict resolved, or we're hungry (which is always)...I'm calling you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to know you like the KK novels. I just found her as a result of winning one of books on line. I was hooked when I found 3 of her series here in the b.bow library. since then, my niece has been bring them from the library in the tiny town of Comstock. They are so addicting, wish there were more authors like her
    Karen Christensen - don't know if you know these comments come in on your older posts. Love reading about your life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found her books and how cool that you won one, Karen! I just saw this comment - thanks for reading! : )

      Delete