Monday, November 14, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...part 2

Hello all!  Hope your week is off to a fantastic/awesome/stupendous start (after filling out 38 student evaluations this weekend, my synonym bank is pretty full)!


I have a few kiddo quotes for you:


Conversation I had with a student at her lesson on her 6th birthday (some of you may have already seen this on Facebook):
Student: "Do you have a daughter?"
Me: "No.  I don't have a husband."
Student: "Oh. (pause) I have an uncle.  He doesn't have anybody.  He came over for my birthday.  He lives alone in his house."
Me: "Oh?  How old is he?"

Student: laughs and says, "Oh, he's a grownup." (as if I thought he was a child living alone)


When filling in "all about me" pages to put in Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes at a family's open house (which they held for the purpose of filling a lot of these boxes!), some finished "I love Jesus because..." with the following phrases:
...he is magic.
...he is speshel (translation: special).
...he dide (translation: died) on the cross for us.


Finally, a quote from the 4-yr.-old I nanny for...who is "off" dairy products and knows he's not supposed to eat them:
After reading books and getting into bed, I turned his music on for the night.  We sang to the first song, "Do You Know the Muffin Man?" during which he asked, "Does that man make dairy-free muffins?"  I replied, "I don't know, but I bet he would if you asked nicely!"


There's more where that came from, I'm sure!  Never a dull moment...


Enjoy the rest of the week!


Youthfully,
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
Cherry on Top (with coupons and gift cards)
productivity
Husker football

No comments:

Post a Comment