Sunday, January 16, 2011

White Elephant: HMS style

Aloha, everyone!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

I just had a wonderful ending to my weekend - a staff party for the teachers at the music studio where I teach (Harris Music Studio).  We had a great time chatting, eating, and playing Catch Phrase!  We also had a White Elephant gift exchange.  There were some very creative and fun gifts to choose from!


I brought the huge one in the middle.  This is what was inside:

Yep - it's a pony...and it talks!
Luckily, one of the teachers in attendance found this gift very practical - she has two little girls!

The gift I chose to open was in a cute bag with pink tissue paper.  I opened it to find a container of fish food.  Turns out, it was the gift my boss brought and there was more to it:


Fish food on the right, container with fish in it on the left.  Sadly, though...

...the fish was no longer among the living.

Yep - she found it dead about an hour before the party, so had no time to replace it and decided to give the gift as it was.  : )  Needless to say, it made for a memorable gift exchange!

Hope this brings a little laughter to the beginning of your week!

vvvvvvvvvttvd4rh (from Charlie)

Mournfully (haha),
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
spending time with family this weekend
peanut butter balls
finding one of Charlie's missing jingle balls inside the couch (I thought I'd looked everywhere...)


No comments:

Post a Comment