Thursday, February 23, 2012

My weekend at FarmHouse (could this be a more generic title?)

Hello, all!  Hope this finds you well and enjoying the almost spring-like weather!

Thought I’d share a little about this past weekend with you:
Saturday morning, I made the trip to KSU in Manhattan, KS to spend the weekend with my brother.  I was fortunate to be able to stay at FarmHouse fraternity with him (in the house mom’s room) and experience a fairly typical weekend with him.   One of my cousins was also in Manhattan competing in the college rodeo, so we were able to see and spend time with her, too (and see her dog’s newborn puppies!)!   Additionally, my parents came for breakfast and church on Sunday before we attended the intramural basketball game of the season (FarmHouse has two intermural b-ball teams, and they played each other this weekend.  Definitely the most entertaining game I’ve ever attended…and probably will ever attend).  Other highlights included a stop at a local donut shop to play a song on the piano for a free donut, a nostalgic trip to a small church where we always have family reunions, pizza-making and enjoying with the guys, an epic game of Nertz, exploring campus, making music together, and plenty of catching up and quality conversation.

I was able to capture a few moments from the “house divided” game:
Mascots
I didn't inherit the jumping gene he did.
The Mongeese came out victorious, but a good game was played by all.
Now, I know some of you are probably like my parents and others close to me and are wondering if I met any “prospects” during the weekend spent in a house full of such quality men.  Of course, many of them fit the bill, but thankfully, I was able to get past the fact that I was surrounded by so many solid guys and just focus on the one I was there to spend time with.  (I’ll be honest – there have been times I’ve visited during which this was hard to get past.)

Also - you should check out this promotional video the guys made for their pancake philanthropy (click for video) - my brother is the BoomBox Kid seen in the snow suit.

One more thing:
There have been a few times in my life I’ve been a little jealous of friends who have sisters and their relationships.  That jealousy seems trivial, now, though, and those times are long gone.  I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: I am so incredibly thankful for my brother - the man he is, the inspiration and insight he provides, his humor, his intelligence, his kindness and thoughtfulness, but most of all, I’m thankful for the relationship we’ve developed and grown into throughout our lives.  I look forward to where life will take us both and am excited to share the journey through our connection as siblings, as friends, and as brother and sister in Christ.  Love you, Q! 

Sisterlyly ☺,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
Zumba
iTunes
friends - new, old, and rediscovered ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment