Sunday, February 26, 2012

Show and Tell

Hello!


So, there have been a few things in the past few weeks I've been wanting to share, but none really warranted their own post, so I'm sharing them all at once.  Enjoy! ☺


First of all, here are some pictures of the icicles (I don't know if I've ever spelled that word...) after our big snow storm a couple weeks ago:
The left side of this picture is north, as is made obvious by the blown-in icicles.   Gotta love that north wind...
Too bad the coop is white - these were really cool (and intense) ones!
Cute little guys.  It got warm before they grew up.

Here's a link to a video of the solo I played on our HAA faculty recital a couple weeks ago.  (It's part of a concerto I played on my senior recital at NWU, and one of my favorite pieces I've ever played.  It's on E-flat trumpet, by the way.)  Click here to watch!


This is from a 5th grade student.  She is doing a persuasive essay in school about "why kids should play at least one instrument at a young age."  AND she made me this picture/doodle page/?.  Love it.  ☺
The cats at Arts Inc. used to get in the file cabinets all the time when they were kittens.  Haven't had them open much when they were there lately, so they were excited to relive their childhood this week.
A music joke a friend recently shared:
C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. ...The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished, and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, "Excuse me; I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional facility.

Finally, I received two things from students on Friday: some fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies (yum!) and this:
At first, I thought she was just showing it to me, but when I asked what she put in it, she replied, "Well, I wanted to give it to you to put all your little stuffs in - I don't want you to loose all your little stuffs."  I have no idea what "little stuffs" she's referring to, but I graciously accepted the gift. ☺ (This from the same 5-yr.-old girl who made me a paper bouquet of flowers and the princess tiara.)
Hope you all have a wonderful week...and a happy leap day!

Thanks for reading,
Kensy

Favorites of the day:
Paint Yourself Silly
Raspberry Squishy from MoJava
Birthday Cake Oreos (yep...limited edition - get them before they're gone!)
this quote from the movie "How Do You Know?" - "Of every thought I had about you, and there were millions, the one that never occurred to me is that my mind wasn't exaggerating."

No comments:

Post a Comment