Sunday, February 12, 2012

Something new...and music...and love.

Hi.


I may or may not be writing this blog from a new computer...  If I am, I'm pretty excited about it.  If I'm not, I'm still waiting for the screen to show what I've been typing for the past 10 seconds. ☺


After three different trumpet performances this weekend, I am reminded of how much I love playing and sharing my music with others.  I'm so grateful for the support of coworkers, students (and their families), friends, and family.  I had "fans" at all three performances this weekend...and they came voluntarily!  There were others who couldn't make it, but just knowing they wanted to be there makes me feel special.  Thank you to those of you who have supported me (and will continue to do so) by encouraging/tolerating my practice, "filling my bucket" with compliments, and making an effort to attend countless concerts/recitals/services/events.  Words can't express my appreciation to all of you, but especially my parents.  I hate to be completely cliché, but I can't begin to imagine where I'd be today if it weren't for them.


Additionally, I'm continually humbled by the talent that surrounds me.  How often do you get to experience your coworkers doing something they do exceptionally well...and love doing?!  Whether it's teachers at the studio, peers, friends, or other coworkers, I'm always glad for the opportunity to hear those I interact with, non-musically, on a daily basis doing what they do best, musically.  


Speaking of humbling, please take a moment to watch this 10-year-old girl's performance at Trumpet Fest this afternoon - click this to watch the video.  (She played a piece I considered performing on my senior recital...yes, in college.)


I should probably head to bed...more later.


If I don't write again before Tuesday, Happy Valentine's Day!  May you feel loved and share it with those around you.


♥,
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
having a 4-legged guest for the weekend
Cheddar's (a new restaurant here)
this new computer (duh)
next weekend's plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment