Friday, March 30, 2012

Surprising!

Hey, all!  I was making a list of things I wanted to blog about this week, and they all fell into the theme indicated by the title of this post.  Guess it was meant to be!  ☺


I saw the Google Maps car downtown this morning (11:45 a.m.)!  I was going the opposite direction, so eventually, I think you should be able to see me on the street view of O Street between 15th and Centennial Mall.  Luckily, I'd just washed my car!  (You're welcome for the rain that came this evening.)  I don't know how often they update their street views, but be on the lookout for my red Prelude!

I happened upon these in the grocery store yesterday.  I'd gone down the wrong isle, but was glancing at things, and did a double-take when I saw these!  How long have I gone without knowing of their existence?!  You'd better believe I got some...especially since they were on sale!  
There were pink peppermint ones, too, but I don't think they'd be nearly as great as these.
I was on my home late last night, and heard "Colors of the Wind" on the radio.  Guess I should turn the radio on at 11 p.m. more often!


Sonic has sweet potato tots.  I have yet to try them, but it will happen...soon.


When I was nannying yesterday, I had this conversation with the 2-yr.-old girl:
Her: I like your pink toes!
Me: Thank you!
Her: Who painted them?
Me: I did them myself.
Her: Why didn't your mom help you?
Me: Remember, I don't live with my mom, because I'm a grown-up.
Her: Oh yeah.  Why didn't your friend help you?
Me: I didn't ask her to - I just did them myself.
Her: Oh.  You shouldn't have to paint your toes all by yourself.
She. Is. TWO!


How many of you have ever played the word "qi" on Words With Friends and/or Scrabble?  Of those of you who have, how many of you know what it means?  ☺  Here's Wikipedia's definition:
In traditional Chinese culture (also chi or ch'i) is an active principle forming part of any living thing. Qi is frequently translated as life energy, lifeforce, or energy flow. Qi is the central underlying principle in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts. The literal translation of "qi" is breath, air, or gas.
Now, you don't have to feel like you're cheating when you play it.


I made some mini strawberry cupcakes for a luncheon tomorrow.  Click here for recipe.  Here's the surprising part: They have some granulated sugar in the frosting, so it's kind-of crunchy.  Not sure, yet, how I feel about it, but it tastes good!
Thank you, 4-H cake decorating classes. ☺

Ok - I think that's all, for now!


Have a lovely spring weekend!


Surprisingly,
Kensy


Favorites of the day:
too many to list

No comments:

Post a Comment